Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Inquiry #3 . . .

Just got off the phone with my NY doctor’s office. I politely chanted my all-too-familiar mantra: “I was just wondering when I might receive a response from the doctor”. To which I received this reply: “Good question”. Followed by a long pause. It seems the stage may finally be set to answer to the age-old question of what happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object.

I patiently explained (for the umpteenth time) to the woman on the other end of the phone that I am a repeat patient, waiting on the West Coast for some indication as to what my next move should be. I was told that the doctor is in the operating room today, that the staffer had been out of the office for ten days, and that correspondence had backed up. She said she would be organizing a stack of papers for him to review. I asked that she place my file at the top of the pile. She promised to do so. I will phone again shortly before close-of-business today for an update. And to make sure that my file is at the top of the stack.

Meanwhile, my heart continues to beat. Loudly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is the nature of the strong heart, that like the palm tree it strives ever upwards when it is most burdened.

Sir Philip Sidney

:-)

Anonymous said...

I'm still willing to pay a personal visit to the office...