I’ve been studying the clinical trial descriptions relating to myxoid liposarcoma, including eligibility and exclusion criteria. Following are pertinent exclusion criteria for the trials of greatest interest:
Trabectedin: Unstable cardiac condition (including congestive heart failure) within 1 year before enrollment. My medical records indicate an ICD9 Code of “428.0 Congestive Heart Failure”. And I’m guessing that a case could be made that the tumor on the mitral valve falls into the "unstable cardiac condition" category.
Brostallicin: Abnormal cardiac or cardiovascular function, or serious cardiac illness or medical condition in the previous 6 months including, but not confined to, NYHA grade 2 or higher congestive heart failure. Same comment as above.
Nelfinavir Mesylate: There appears to be a requirement for this trial that tumors measure less than 5 cm (2.0”) in size. My MRI imaged a tumor measuring 8.5 cm (3.3”).
Anyway, I’ll be meeting with three oncologists this week to discuss treatment options in general and clinical trials in particular. But I’m not particularly concerned about the constraints under which they operate. Backup plans are already in development if I am excluded from whichever approach I wish to pursue. More on those in a later post . . .
In the meantime, I’m off on my morning walk and to work the vineyard. Pulling weeds from a vineyard, eliminating tumors from a body. They are complementary activities.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The vinedresser does not sleep. He who keeps you will not slumber.
He calls "Come to the vineyard". Not with a sound, but silent words that can only be revealed to the seeking heart. A heart that looks beyond that which is seen to that which is unseen.
Planted beneath the surface, pushing through the rich soil, is the fruit. Like tender green shoots the seeds burst out their life of faith, hope and love.
Come to the well watered garden, the unseen vineyard spoken into existence by the silent words of the Divine Vinedresser. Here is life, here is sustenance, here is healing.
Rest, drink deeply.
Post a Comment